We have 7 new guests in August from 5 countries: the Philippines, Ireland, Denmark, Norway and USA. Everybody presented their works after a great potluck dinner last Monday. Now starts the period of exploring the neighborhood and and getting inspired by the environment. We have also interns, two art students from the Fine Art department of the Iceland Academy of the Arts; Daníel Perez Eðvarðsson and Mina Tomic.
- Amie Adelman, Fiber artist, Texas, USA – www.amieadelman.com
- Maja Ingerslev, artist, Denmark – www.majaingerslev.com
- Lauren Coulson, painter, Boston, USA – www.laurencoulson.com
- Gerd Endestad, visual artist, Norway – www.gerdendestad.com
- Golda King, painter, Cebu, Philippines –www.goldaking.com
- Dr. Linda Buckley, composer, Dublin, Ireland – www.lindabuckley.org
- Jasna Bogdanovska, Assistant Professor of Photography, Rochester, New York, USA – www.jasnabogdanovska.com
For those still thinking about coming to Gullkistan we still have a few vacancies from October to December 2014.